Your GMIT IT Account
- GMIT students require a username and password to access the Student Website (student.gmit.ie) and Moodle (learnonline.gmit.ie)
- Your login details are sent to the mobile phone and email address you provide at registration.
- At first login you will be asked to setup password reset options (email address, mobile number, security questions). This information will be used to reset your password in the event that you forget it.
- If you have forgotten or would like to change your password you can do so at password.gmit.ie
Setting up Multi Factor Authentication (MFA)
- In order to allow you to access GMIT resources from outside the institute you must sign up for MFA.
- MFA requires two verification methods for your account (password and a physical device such as a mobile phone) in order to login remotely.
- The first time you login you will be asked to provide contact details (mobile or landline telephone number). This device will be used to prove your identity when you access resources (OneDrive, Learnonline, Email, Student Website) from outside GMIT.
- This process only needs to be completed once and should be familiar to anyone with a Gmail or Hotmail account. It is outlined step by step HERE.
- We recommend using the Microsoft Authenticator App as your chosen method of authentication, information on how to do so is available HERE
- When you next access GMIT resources while outside the institute you will receive a text or phone call to the number provided, this information along with your password will be required to proceed.
- After you have been signed up for MFA you will notice no difference when logging in to GMIT resources within the Institute (PC, Learnonline, Email, WiFi).
If you wish to change your MFA contact details or setup the Microsoft Authenticator App click HERE
If you no longer have access to your device and wish to have your MFA details wiped so that you can setup with a new number please present to the ITHelpdesk with your student card or email your request to Ithelpdesk@gmit.ie attaching photographic ID.